Ever wondered how you can live with your own unique sense of style and still get along with your housemate or loved one. Here are some ideas on how you can live in the style you wish and keep the peace!
- Floral wallpaper: When it comes to wallpaper there has to be some compromise. Most men are never going to warm to that pink floral wallpaper you had your heart set on for the living room – no matter how much you tell him you want a country look. Consider painting your room in a pastel (pale purple and light spearmint green are lovely, not too girly and very fashionable at the moment) and add some floral cushions to your lounge (nothing like a compromise).
- Games consoles, gadgets, cords and widgets and all of them on show! At least you can try and pretend you do more at home than watch TV and play on the games console by getting an entertainment unit. Try choosing one where the TV is hidden and there are plenty of cupboards for boxes and cables underneath,
- Collectables and memorabilia – what’s one man’s treasure is another’s trash. Whether it is a stuffed bear collection, music memorabilia, old football photos, framed & signed rugby jumpers or a Star Wars figurines, it all needs to find a place in your home. Whatever the chosen obsession, it’s guaranteed to get annoying when it takes over to much wall or shelf space. For small collectables have a look at the Soveta Curio Display Cabinet and for larger items try allocating just one area of the house to them or try to rotate the items – keep some on display and others in storage and then swap them around every couple of months.
- Bikes may be an eco-friendly transport alternative, but the simple fact is that they cause some serious clutter in the home (especially when space is at a premium). Solution? A ceiling bike hoist or a new garden shed.
- Scatter cushions – while many women think an attractive array of cushions makes for the perfect finishing touch in the bedroom, most men only see scatter cushions as one thing. The thing that comes between them and their bed.
- Potpourri – while most women think potpourri is a decorative and fragrant addition to any living room, most men think it’s simply pointless. Try scented candles instead.
- House plants – placing house plants and flowers around the house will add a homey touch but some partners might see them as a nuisance. Try getting hardy varieties of house plants and restrict them to a few key areas.
At Nick Scali, we have many years of experience in selling furniture and offer a wide range in our showrooms. We have every stage covered, from the store entry and initial point of contact to final delivery – we aim for happy customers not service complaints.